Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year All!

Been awhile since I posted; I suppose that's why those New Years Resolutions come in so handy! Along with all the other life stlyle changes I need to make, posting regularly and connecting with other quilters is one that's at the top of the list!
So...what's new??? Still working full time, still a wife and mother (Thank God!) and anxiously awaiting the release of the book in February! Just before Christmas, Martingale sent me an advance copy of the book and a really gorgeous floral arrangement. You know, it all seems like a dream, that is until you hold it in your hand!
That's when the hope and the fear truly sets in! Hope that the book does well, and fear that it won't! With that said, I can at least say that my husband and kids are proud....and that's the BEST feeling of all! They presented me with a framed copy of the cover on Christmas, and YES! I admit, I cried like a baby! They had written an inscription that reads as follows:

If you can believe it, you can achieve it. You're living proof that dreams really do come true. We're extremely proud of you Mom!

Now, well.., thru all the blood, sweat and tears, I realize I'd do it all again, just to know I made my family proud!
Karen

No comments: