Sunday, January 24, 2010

Hanging Sleeves and Labels

Well, for some good news! Was recently contacted by a shop that wants to hang about 10 quilts (kind of a one woman show) for a month prior to a book signing. Yes, only 2 weeks to go till the book comes out! Only problem is, I was lax and didn't put hanging sleeves or labels on any of the quilts!
So here I am, sewing my little heart out...12 sleeves and 12 labels. One could make the case for doing it as you go along, rather than having to play 'catch up' later. And, in fact, that's what I should have done!
I think all of us know the importance of putting labels on; it's a great way to document the quilt...when it was made, who made it, even who it was for and why it was created! I know that, I've always known that! Yet here I am, trying to get done what should have already been done!
So in the future, I vow to make sure I finish the whole quilt and nothing but the whole quilt! Do I hear an "Amen"?

No comments: