Monday, February 1, 2010

Snow, Snow, Go Away!

OK, I've got to admit that I absolutely LOVE the first snowfall. There's something so fresh, pristine and beautiful about all that white, how it falls, silently coating the ground. But, the other side of that coin, is that I never learned how to drive in it, and by gosh, by golly, its darn right COLD!

As beautiful as it is initially, I MUST admit that I long to be warm, to be able to drive without fear of ending up in a ditch, and let's face it, no more unscheduled "snow days" for the kids! I thought a "snow day" would be a God-send; hmmm....what can I do? Maybe I'll sew! But instead, it's managing kids, meals, wet, and warmth! So today, I say, "Come on Spring"! Bring me your gentle breezes, your beautiful flowers and the promise of something good to come!

In the meantime, as I wait for Spring, the weatherman says 1-3 inches tomorrow, and another snow storm this weekend. Well....one can always hope....RIGHT?

No comments: