Sunday, June 26, 2011

A Month of Milestones

I can't believe June is almost over, July almost here. I titled this post "A Month of Milestones", but realizing how long it's been since I posted, maybe it should be "Months of Milestones". So much has happened! It seems you just get "caught up" and before you know it, well, they say "time flies" for a reason!!!

I lost one of my younger sisters, very unexpectedly, on Jan 01 this year. She was only 49, and after losing my mother in law last year, I think it hit me hard that life is so, so precious! There's no crystal ball, no magic mirror, no way of knowing What life will hand us. Or when.

So, this month, I choose to celebrate. My oldest son just graduated from High School. And do you know, the minute all those Seniors started marching out on the stage, I started crying. A reaction I didn't expect; but still...! Last night we had my daughter's 18th Birthday Party (OMG)! And, I too, celebrated a Birthday (of course, I'm not as excited about sharing my age as she is!!!!).

In addition, I finished the last edit for my new book, "Prairie Point Pizzazz", coming out in November, published by Martingale. That last edit is always something! You've got the photos and the illustrations, and somehow, that's when it becomes "real". Yup, this is really going to happen!

We've updated the website, shot a YouTube video, added a host of new workshops, and even products you can purchase! Vince (my husband and BESTEST FRIEND) has retired from 29 1/2 years in the Navy, and now works in the civilian sector, and also manages my website (Thank you Honey!).

So, lots going on! I'll have more to tell you all next week, enough for now. Hope you all are finding reasons to celebrate as well! Life, after all, is precious!
Karen

No comments: