Wednesday, July 6, 2011

A "Gammill" Good Day!

Well, you've heard of a "whale of a good time", but recently, I had a "Gammill" good day! It all started when two new friends from a Retreat Workshop that I taught in Raleigh, North Carolina, purchased mid arm quilting machines. I'd made an offer to teach them feathers, and lo and behold, they came up to where I live, and we played at making feathers all day!

We had a great time, and I feel confident that they're quilts will be decorated with feathers in the near future!

Then, two friends of mine from here, Shawn and Sue, came over for a day of the same! I loved being with them, they're both incredibly talented, but, best of all, it was truly fun to share my knowledge with good friends! It just made for a truly wonderful day... fun, feathers and fellowship!

The response has been great, so in the near future, we'll be posting a new class to the website (www.theniftyneedle.com) called "Feathers and Flourishes"! I'm really excited about this as it will be a 'private', all day class for the new to intermediate mid and longarm quilters! I so wish I'd had something like this available to me when I first got started. It took me about 3 months to self-learn how to make feathers, and these ladies were practically pro's after just a day!

They'll learn everything...from pinning, to floating, ruler and feather work, background fills, and best of all, walk out with a "sampler"! I just love this and can't wait to get the sample done to post to the website! Talk about motivation; sewing, quilting with others, always does it for me!!!!

So, enough for now. Be sure to check the website over the next couple of weeks for this exciting new class!

Always in Stitches.....
Karen

No comments: