Friday, November 12, 2010

Thanks to the Cotton Club Quilters








I owe a HUGE "Thank You" to all the gals in the Cotton Club Quilt Guild! I just got to spend the most wonderful weekend with them in Raleigh, N.C.

It was their "Retreat", and they kindly invited me in to do a trunk show and teach a class in prairie point quilts, from the book to be released in September. My friend, Phyllis, accompanied me, which made it an even better weekend for me! My long-time friend, she's always there when I need her!!!

Here's the thing, it was their Retreat, but I'm certain that I'm the one who came away with the most! I got to spend some quality time with my bestfriend, made a whole bunch of great new friends, and got to share one of my greatest passions. I love quilting and the people involved in it! There's nothing better than spending a weekend sharing, creating, laughing, and just plain havin' fun! And there's always something to learn!

Thank You to my new friends. I so enjoyed it, appreciate your humor and goodwill, your talent and insights, but mostly~ just the opportunity to get to know you all! You're the best!
Karen

2 comments:

JayTee said...

We all had a great time...and learned so much!! The trunk show was so inspirational...i posted pics on my blog from it

Judy

Unknown said...

Karen
As I am a new quilter I have nothing with which to compare to our retreat last week end in Raleigh, NC. However, I cannot imagine how it could have been better. You and Phyllis were so helpful, fun, kind and I learned so much. I have just finished putting my blocks together and I love the prairie points. Thanks for coming.
Sally Pope