Sunday, October 24, 2010

New Book Contract!

Hi All!

Again, I have been remiss. Getting home after Mom passed, going straight back to work, and now, a new book contract! While I'm INCREDIBLY excited, I also feel pretty pressured! It seems I'm always running, running, running!

However, all that should change soon. I put in my "notice" at work, and have decided to pursue qulting as a full time business. I strongly feel that whether you succeed or fail, it should never be because you didn't give it 100%!!!!! I agonized on How, How, How, I could conceivably do both....work full time, and do the kind of quilting I truly envision. And the answer was, I couldn't!

Alicia Keys can strap an "S" on her chest and be Super woman, but , alas, I couldn't do the same! So, that's OK, I can, and will put two "S's" on my chest and be a "Super Stitcher"!

The new book, tentatively titled "Prairie Point Pizzazz" will be released September 2011, and with this technique, well, you can add a prairie point to any half or quarter square triangle, giving your quilts new dimension! POPPABILITY! It is an exciting new concept, and one I hope will be embraced by the quilting community!

So, if you're of a mind....well, say a prayer, wish me luck, and know I'm thinking of you!

dREAM, cREATE. iNSPIRE!

It's in your hands!
karen

No comments: