Monday, February 9, 2009

Making Progress

Well, I'm happy to report that I am, at last, feeling like I've made some progress. Yeah!! In the last couple of weeks, I've gotten 2 more quilts pieced, 3 quilted, and all but 2 of my "sample" blocks made! At night (sometimes as early as 3 AM) I've been working on the bindings and writing of instructions! All this while working, and of course, doing all the myriad tasks a Mom and wife must do! Whew!!!
This has been an amazing journey. While I'm excited about having a book published, there are days when I am also terrified! I'm not sure if I can explain it, but, it's like laying bare a piece of you, to be judged by other people! Here I've put my heart and soul into something, but what if no one likes it?
I suppose it's just a gamble you take. and you know what? It's OK. I have learned that I can do more than I ever thought possible, I am TRULY blessed with the love and support of my family and friends, and that I can, somehow, enjoy the process! Whether a success or not, I'm proud of the work I've done, and glad I 'rolled the dice'. If nothing else, I have several beautiful new quilts to enjoy for years and years to come!

2 comments:

Martha said...

This book is going to be a big SUCCESS!!!

Catherine said...

Karen, glad to hear things are progressing well toward your book! We are so excited for you and know that it will be a huge success - your ideas are wonderful and your quilts are gorgeous!!! Just wait... you'll see!