Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Almost There!

One and a half weeks to go until all needs to be submitted. To say that I've been working at a frantic pace would probably be the understatement of the year!!!! Seems I eat, live, breathe, sleep (rarely) this project.
My thumb has holes in it from pushing the needle during the hand sewing of the bindings, and I swear I have permanent knots of muscle tension in my neck, shoulders and back! Yet, somehow, I imagine when all is said and done, that it'll be worth it.
One thing for sure, I couldn't have done this without the encouragement and help of my friends and family. For instance, (can't believe I'm going to admit this) but we still have all our Christmas decorations up. And no one seems to care! They all know I have the deadline, so they know it'll get done when it gets done. Worst case scenario, we can always hang Easter eggs on it!
And I've been Blessed with friends that not only listen (for the umpteenth time), but also encourage and help! One thing this whole evolution has proven, that when the going gets tough, the tough get going, or they rely on family and friends to help them! Thanks everyone!!!!!

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Wow, Karen - what a huge accomplishment! We are so happy for you; you've worked so hard for so long and now all of your hard work is coming to fruition in a wonderful book... Your quilts are incredible - and combined with your talent will make an amazing book. Congratulations, again! One and a half weeks to go - we're on Pins and Needles! (Cathy & Jo)