Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Quilters Quarter Salad

Hi You All!

Wanted to post a recipe as this is a great end of summer salad. I call it the "Quilters Quarter" salad because the dressing is a variation of a quarter of something! It's really great, very simple, and has been served at many a Bee and Retreat. So...hope you enjoy!

Dressing:
1/4 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
1/4 Cup Sugar
1/4 Cup Oil
1/4 tsp. garlic salt
1/4 tsp. celery salt

Mix all above and refrigerate. I like to serve this over a salad of baby romaine, cucumber, 1/4 cup raisins, 1/4 cup craisins, 1/4 cup cashews, almonds, or pecans, diced strawberries and shaved parmesan cheese. Just shake up the dressing and toss with salad immediately prior to serving. Bon appetit'!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh My goodness! Mom told me she had that last time she visited. It sounded so good, especially with me being pregnant! I'm going to have to try it.
Love, Stacie

Catherine said...

Yumm! The recipe takes me back to the wonderful bees we had at your house, and your lovely, hospitible, kitchen. You always pampered us with wonderful food as well as gracious hospitality. We miss you around here! I'm glad we can at least keep in touch through blogging....