Monday, August 18, 2008

Summer's Hummers


I just Love hummingbirds, they're just so entrancing! For such tiny things, they are absolutely amazing!


I have several feeders scattered through out the yard, and often, as we sit outside, we find ourselves mesmerized by their antics. Always busy, they flit from one feeder to the next, their wings moving at an impossible rate. Yet, occassionally, you see them at rest.


There are times when I feel like a hummingbird...finding myself flitting from one project to the next, always in a hurry, in a rush to get to the next best thing! But, like them, I find I also need time to relax, to reflect. As I rush from thing to thing, worry to worry, I wonder...am I letting my busyness overcome my joy? Am I not taking the time to "smell the roses"?


So this week I read a book, took a bubble bath, played Scrabble with the kids, watched the sunset, lived, laughed and loved. And you know what? I feel renewed, revived, refreshed. Ready now to get busy again, just like "Summer's Hummers".

1 comment:

Linda said...

The hummmingbird picture is beautiful! I love watching hummingbirds! They remind me of 2 year olds in a huge playground :)
I am glad that you were able to revive and refresh! It is so important that we take time to "get back and give back to ourselves" in our hectic lives! :)