Monday, August 11, 2008

Time Flies!





Why is when you're having fun, time just seems to slip away? It never seems to fail! My friend, Phyllis, came for a visit last week and it seemed like one minute she was here, the next, gone! But WOW! did we ever have a great time..and we accomplished quite a bit too!


She made two baby quilts, one with chenille, and one 'crazy' quilt, a pillowcase, and managed to get two bindings on! I only managed to finish a top from a pattern I'd written and make one Tumbling Blocks quilt for the expected new arrival!


Her last full day here was, by far, the best. Another great friend, Martha, took the day off from work and the three of us had a "sew day' A mini-retreat! Golly, between the three of us we laughed (side splitting), sang, danced (a little) and sewed (alot)! It was a great, wonderful, "chicken soup for the soul" kind of day.


If you haven't had one of those in a while, I encourage you to invite a few sewing buddies over! It's always fun, never fails to inspire, and greatly enriches your life! I simply can't wait to do it again. Thanks Phyllis and Martha for the love, laughter and friendship you bring!!!


Karen

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those look wonderful! I can't wait to see them in the nursery!
Love, Stacie

Anonymous said...

My what a wonderful get away! Can we do it once a quarter?

I haven't done any quilting for several years and it was great to start sewing again and get together with a great friend and also met a new one (Martha).

Love Phyllis

Martha said...

I'd take off from work everyday to hangout in your studio and sew...if I didn't need my paycheck! haha I had such a fun time, and Phyllis is a total sweetheart!