Friday, November 14, 2008

Book Report

I love the title of this post, it makes me feel like a kid again, back in school, having to do a 'book report'. The truth of the matter is though, it's been a really long time since I went to school, and I just wanted to give you all an update.
I did receive the contracts, and with shaky hand, I also signed them. Now the hard work begins! The first samples are due in December with the bulk of the manuscript, all completed projects, instructions, photos, and illustrations due early next year.
I had no idea how much went into this. To say I was clueless, would be an understatement! But like many people, when challenged, we somehow find the resolve to meet those challenges. And like many people, I count myself lucky to have great friends willing to pitch in and help!
I feel certain this will be one of those 'life lessons' for me. But, truth be told, I'm looking forward to it. There can be no reward without risk, no victory without a struggle. As the days go by, and I find myself closer to those deadlines, I hope and pray I find the fortitude to 'press on'. That's what makes all of us so great, the ability to rise to the occassion. I've evidenced it by others on a much greater scale, am encouraged by their examples, and am ready, right now, to get to work! Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Catherine said...

You can do it, Karen - we have every confidence in you and your many talents! Wish we still lived closeby! Cathy & Jo