Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Break out the Sewing Machine!

Oh how I'm itching to break out the sewing machine! As you all know, things have been tough for my mother in law! I recently made her the "Sun Kissed Roses' quilt from the book to use as her "therapy" quilt. And you know what I discovered? That quilt can be made in a day! So can "Midnight Fairy Lights" and "Sew Dear"!

As I sit here and work on a presentation for quilt shop owners, I've realized that the book has much to offer. Quilts that can be made in a day! Faux piping and flange techniques! How to split the binding at the miter! Cool border treatments! How to make freehand feathers!

And what I love the most, well, the response Mom has gotten from having those quilts with her in the hospital. Seems everyone just loves quilts, and many wish they had them! You can see in her expression how proud she is to have them, they set her apart! Everyone remarks how much she must be loved! And you can watch her stroke them and feel the comfort they bring her! So can you blame me for wanting to make a few more?

Mom, I love you! And oh how I want you to get better! I'll make you as many quilts as you can handle, each one a little different, yet each one made with love!

No comments: