Monday, March 16, 2009

Calgon! Take Me Away!!!!!

Ever want to have one of those experiences? The commercial, seems to promise that Calgon will transport you to a better place, one free of stress, immersed in relaxation! While I enjoy a good bath, I've never been 'truly transported'. And I've tried all the extras...candlelight, soft, easy music. If nothing else, I suppose I come out clean!
Quilting however, has that ability to 'take me away'! Some good music, a few 'loose threads', some fabric 'to die for', and I'm lost! Yes, truly taken away, losing all sense of time, forgetful of all that needs to be done! You know...things like cleaning, eating, etc. In my own little world, I eagerly anticipate the next, new creation! I can't wait to see the fruits of my labor; hmmm, is it labor when you're doing something you love?
Today, I vow to have more "Calgon, take me away" moments (or days). It's obviously good for my soul!!!!! And, unlike anything else, it truly does "transport me"!

1 comment:

Catherine said...

You are right, it is truly a blessing to be able to do what you love. Those "Calgon" days are to be cherished and relished... what better way to be refreshed than be immersed in your artistic passion? If anyone needs anything, I'll be in my studio.....